Occupational therapy services are provided by Sharon Vincuilla, OTD, OTR/L on an individual and private pay format*.
Occupational therapy (OT)is a holistic health profession that supports optimal performance in everyday activities, including caring for yourself, leisure, work or school, caring for others, and community participation. Occupational therapists contribute to both physical and mental wellness with expertise in cognition, sensory processing, activity analysis, neurophysiology, and environmental evaluation and adaptation.
This OT service focuses on coaching you to build skills in better managing your mood, decreasing stress, and overcoming anxiety by giving you insight into how your brain processes sensation and performs executive functions, so that you can reach your goals and attain enhanced well being. Individuals who would benefit from this service include:
- those experiencing irritability or difficulty focusing, especially in multi sensory environments
- those who struggle to establish a structured daily routine
- those who frequently overwhelmed by stress or changes in routine
- those who desire to excel in formal employment or education but have difficulty getting started, remaining attentive, or managing associated stress
- those who experience social anxiety that results in avoiding or feeling overwhelmed in social settings
- those who have difficulty getting out of bed, falling asleep or establishing a consistent sleep-wake schedule
- those who experience difficulty managing emotions and often feel overwhelmed by anger or frustration
- those who experience pain or discomfort when exposed to everyday sensations
- those who experience chronic pain or fatigue and need support adjusting daily routines during flare ups or advocating for support from loved ones
This service begins with an evaluation of your daily routine, sensory processing patterns, and cognitive skills.
> This takes 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on your needs.
Following the evaluation, Sharon will collaborate with you to set goals and create a plan for reaching them. Subsequent sessions are scheduled according to your needs.
What does this cost?
The initial evaluation costs $350 and subsequent sessions cost $250 per 1-hour. Following the initial evaluation, sessions may be paid for individually or can be purchased in packages of 6 ($1500) or 12 ($3000) sessions.
How do I pay for this?
Payments are accepted up front via Venmo, Apple Pay, Cash App, or PayPal.
At this time, Sharon does not bill directly to insurance. If you would like to pursue reimbursement* for OT services, let Sharon know and she will provide you with documentation that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
(*At this time, this is only available for clients residing in CA).
Confidentiality & Telehealth
OT sessions are offered via Telehealth through a HIPAA complaint platform called Doxy.me. All sessions are private and secure and your information will always be kept confidential.
If you or a loved one is interested in learning more about this service, use the contact form below to connect with Sharon.
> If you would like to book a 15-minute affinity call to determine if you and Sharon are a good fit, please mention this below and Sharon will contact you to schedule.